Thursday, October 19, 2006

March 2001 in Galway

Front cover NewYork at night 1948 by Ted Crooner . March 2001, walking in Galway (one of my favourite cities over here) and I passed a second hand bookshop. My eye caught a book that was displayed in the window, an image of another City that I admire New York was printed on the cover, walked in, started to read the book, bought it, and from that moment on my whole look on photography changed forever! The book is one of the best examples of street photography, it has images that range from film noir to die hard crime coverage, above al the images are sometimes not perfect but capture so much more because of this. Words fall short so I will see if I can publish some images here later, if you see this book anywhere pick it up and be inspired, I know I was, it gave me a new direction on how to cover weddings. 3 years later I was rewarded with the honour of becoming a member of one of the most profound and sought after associations the www.wpja.com , as I realized again today, how your direction can change buy just one single moment..:)

No comments: