Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No Pictures,please!

When I meet clients I often hear the phrase '' I hate my picture being taken''. That's the moment where we as photographers jump in and smooth things over a bit with phrases like unobtrusive, you wont see me, and since I am somewhere above 6 foot something, I really try to be as invisible as I can on the big day, giving as much thought as I can to my trademark style. About 2 weeks ago, I was using the same phrase ''I hate my picture being taken''. Some ingenious pr guy thought it was a bright idea to have a photo of yours truly on my own website,so off I went to get my picture taken. And I heard the photographer using these catch phrases ''just be natural, smile, come a bit closer, turn your head''! I felt like a model, but not really, (I am not a model, believe me). However, it has got me thinking, and it was a great learning experience for me, as photographers we think It’s all too common to get your picture taken, of course as we all really know, it’s not. What results in a great picture has as much to do what goes on before, and during a session,and not alone the magic click of the camera. Maybe one of the many great things of the art of photography, we can learn by standing in front of the camera, in stead of behind. Yours truly, Eddie

No comments: